May 28, 2008

Way too long...


I am a bad blogger! It's been way too long since I've updated and I was inspired by a friend to start it up again. So here's an upate:

Ruby is a hair over 22 months now and has an ever expanding vocabulary. She is so much fun and so willfull too. She absolutely addicted to Dora the Explorer and her band of animal friends. Any of you who know me well, know that I was hell-bent on NOT being a party to the commercialized takeover of my child's imagination. There is just no fighting Dora - the chic really has it going on. She actually makes my kid smarter. She has taught her a whole host of Spanish words too. Ruby can count to 5 (sometimes 7) in Spanish and she counts to 10 (sort of) in English. It kind of goes, "1, 2, 3, 9, 10!" She does however know her entire alphabet - in order or randomly. I swear this kid is a smart one!

Here are some of our favorite words/sayings of hers aand their translations:
"I la" = I love you
"logurt" = yogurt
"yamas" = music
"puck-Rock" = punk rock of course
"kee-koo" = thank you
"duece" = poo-poo (Daddy's favorite)

As of her last doctor's appointment (about 6-7 weeks ago) she was 30lbs. and 34" tall. That puts her in the 75% for weight and the 90% for height. She's bound to be tall with Rene and I as her parents.

This weekend was Memorial Day so we got an extra day with Daddy. Thank god the sun came out after all the rain we had last week. We went to the tidepools and daddy saved a pelican who got a big fishing lure caught in its wing.



No comments: